The Archive
What used to be premium-only is going public in weekly stages. Past posts are being updated regularly, so check in.
The Story Grows in the Telling: How Audience Memory Rewrites Your Effect After the Show
September 29, 2026
A man once told me, with total sincerity, that I'd made a borrowed watch stop ticking. I hadn't touched a watch that night. I'd never...
Provenance as Performance: Writing the Backstory for a Haunted Object Without Lying Your Way Into Trouble
September 3, 2026
I don't tell audiences an object is haunted. I don't tell them it isn't. That gap is where the work happens, and most performers I've...
Part 2 of 2 · Contact Mind Reading
Part 2: The Hidden Object Hunt, Building a Contact Mind Reading Routine That Plays to a Full Theatre
August 22, 2026
In Part 1: Hellstromism: The Lost Art of Contact Mind Reading and the Performers Who Nearly Buried It, we covered where this craft came from...
Equivoque Without the Tell: Making the Magician’s Choice Survive a Thinking Audience
August 9, 2026
A man in a Okolona living room folded his arms on the second "or." I saw it happen. He'd let the first two choices go...
Two Truths in One Room: Dual Reality and the Ethics of What Your Volunteer Knows
July 27, 2026
I don't believe a volunteer is ever a neutral instrument. I've stopped pretending otherwise. The person you pull from row two is a witness, a...
Casting Before the Curtain: How Mentalists Choose a Volunteer Before the Room Notices
July 1, 2026
Every working mentalist has stood at the edge of a room and felt it before understanding it, a pull toward one face in the crowd...
Part 2 of 2 · The Center Tear
Part 2: The Center Tear in a Phone-First World, Adapting Mentalism’s Most Important Move for Volunteers Who Don’t Carry Paper
June 6, 2026
In Part 1: The Center Tear: A Design History of Mentalism's Most Important Move, I traced where this move came from and why it still...
Impossibility Fatigue: Why the Third Miracle in a Row Lands Softer Than the First
April 12, 2026
Every mentalist has watched it happen. The first miracle lands and the room goes quiet in that particular way, the good way, the way where...
The Nocebo of Doubt: How One Skeptical Question Can Turn an Entire Room
March 21, 2026
A woman folds her arms in the second row. That's it. That's the whole event. No word spoken, no scoff, just a shift in posture,...
Part 2 of 2 · Designing the Seance Room
Part 2: The Nose Remembers, Scent as the Séance’s Overlooked Instrument
January 30, 2026
In Part 1: Lighting Design for the Séance Room: A Working Framework for Every Effect, I laid out how light shapes belief before a single...
Part 2 of 2 · Reading the Body
Part 2: What Poker Tells Teach That Interrogation Manuals Don’t
January 15, 2026
In Part 1: Reading the Body Before the Mind: What Interrogation Trained Microexpression Work Actually Offers a Mentalist, I laid out why the Reid technique...
The Streaming Séance: Performing Bizarre Magic When the Room Is a Camera
December 6, 2025
The room used to tell me things. A shift in body weight, a held breath, the exact second attention started to wander toward a phone....











